Sunday, June 01, 2008

Good News All Around

I no longer have a boyfriend. I now have a fiance.

After eating lunch at Taco Cabana on Saturday, we went to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. The boyfriend handed me his camera and had me take lots of pictures. I could tell he was a little nervous, but I tried not to focus on his nerves. While I had a hunch he was going to propose, I didn't want to believe that too much so as to not be disappointed.

We stopped on a bridge. He told me that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, and I said I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him as well. Then he said he couldn't wait any longer and got done on one knee. He opened the ring box and asked if I would marry him. I said yes, of course.

We kissed and hugged, a lot, and then we walked through the gardens some more before heading to meet Robbie.

Later that evening, we went to the water gardens in Fort Worth, which was where the boyfriend (now fiance) initially had planned on proposing. Sitting next to the quiet pool, which is my favorite part of the water gardens, were two of his friends who are in a band, Poor Rich Folk, I absolutely love. They put on a private concert for us with my favorite songs as the set list, and then the fiance and I headed to dinner in downtown Fort Worth.

1 comment:

emmy said...

I'm so excited for you, Big! I already did my freaking out bit in my FB message, but I'm so glad you posted the story here. Love ya!