Monday, May 19, 2008

Goal: Stop Being A Packrat

To a certain extent, I've known that I have always been a packrat. It's hard for me to part with things like birthday cards or Easter cards, and somehow that translated into it being hard for me to part with credit card statements and offers for credit cards.

At this moment, I have roughly six bags of trash in my living room. I also have several bags of miscellaneous items sitting on the balcony, bags that have been on the balcony since August. I also have a bag of clothes and purses sitting in the kitchen. Then there are two bags of trash sitting outside the front door. The worst part of it is that I have yet to even begin going through the utility room and sifting through all the crap I have in there.

I move tomorrow. For days it has been, I move Tuesday, and now Tuesday is tomorrow. We'll see whether or not I am ready for the move tomorrow.

It was my plan and hope to have to make only one trip to the city with all my stuff, but now, now I have a feeling it will be two trips at least.

The only good thing about all this? She reminded me, in a twitter direct message, that at least I will no longer be living in squalor.

1 comment:

emmy said...

what an excellent goal. i just packed all of mine and moved it with me. tomorrow begins the lovely task of sorting through it. good luck with moving, my dear!