Sunday, May 18, 2008

Where I Annoyingly List My Purchases As Well As What I Still Need To Purchase


I'm fairly, if not fully, positive that I should not be allowed to walk into another store ever again, including a grocery store. With the amount of stuff I have to move from my current two-bedroom apartment, which I share with my best friend, into my new one-bedroom apartment on Tuesday, I do not think I will have room for any food items. And, of course, I also have furniture to pick up on Tuesday and then move in as well.

It's not that I haven't tried to downsize on the amount of clothes I own as well as the number of books, CDs, shoes, purses, etc. because I have. Downsizing doesn't work, though. Or maybe it does, but I just own too much crap to see much of a difference. I'm lucky my boyfriend owns less than I do. When we get married and move into a bigger apartment than the one-bedroom I will be living in alone, I can continue to take over the living space.

And the picture? This picture that goes along with this post? That's only a little view of what I have packed so far. There's so much more to it.

And, of course, I have a bit of a problem called.. hello, my name is LA, and I am a shopaholic. I really should seek help for it.

In the past week, since I secured the apartment I move into on on Tuesday, I have purchased:
- A full-size brass bed (frame, headboard, footboard, mattress and box springs)
- A sage green couch
- A black storage ottoman (for a coffee table)
- A computer desk
- A black computer desk
- A bookshelf
- A floor lamp
- A shower curtain
- A microwave
- An over-the-toilet organization shelving unit
- A new bedding set and new Egyptian Cotton sheets
- Miscellaneous decorations for the wall (which I'm adding onto the already massive collection of home decor I had from this apartment)
- Two picture frames
- Six plates, six salad plates, six bowls
- A set of 12 glasses

I still need to purchase
- A dresser
- A night stand
- A table lamp
- An end table
- An entertainment center
- A computer chair
- A trash can
- A laundry hamper
- A bistro set
- Miscellaneous coffee mugs
- More throw pillows for the couch
- Organization unit for my closet

This moving thing.. It's exciting, yes. But fun? Right now, not so much. Remind me never to do it again (and if I have to, remind me to start packing earlier than I did this time.)

No comments: